Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Victory City comment

In the class the teacher made us reed an article that you can find here http://www.victorycities.com/
It’s about a space to live, eat, work, etc… everything in the same space and with the same people.
Wile I was reading I remember the movie “Metropolis” or the book “Brave New World” by Aldous Huxley and I wander How many times have we seen people doing impossible things to create an inexistent“perfect world”?
Some people believe that creating “perfect spaces” the entire humanity will change and we will live in a perfect world full of happiness and good feelings… The problem is that we are not just animals in some different spaces; I believe that the most important part to get this “perfect world or microworld” is starting to change the human thoughts and reevaluate all our real needs and what we really want for a place to live.
If we saw the project Victory City we can see more than a perfect place to live, just the ego of someone that want to be like a God or something and just want to “play” whit bigger toys than the ones that sell in the store. We must remember that this is not a government project, it’s a particular project created for someone that not necessarily knows the people needs.
I think that we must not create a new space to live; we must take care of the entire world and believe in a magical union between every person in the planet.

I invite you to reed it and tell me what you think about it

2 comments:

Releone said...

Hi Coni:

Yes, you have right, if we see this project very "slow", you can perceiving the ego of a "prometeo", he wants to build something, create a "new world" whit his ideas....sounds me like politics...i don´t now.

One World, One Earth, One home!!!!

Greetings

kamylitra said...

Hi!
my name is kamy and I'm a part of the class too (recently), so could you please subscribe me in your link list

Thanks